Education at the Department of Medical Sciences
The Department is involved in several programs and courses to undergraduates. We can also offer certificates and project work in our fields. In addition we have an extensive research education conducted by the research groups at the Department.
- Biomedical Laboratory Science
- Nursing Programme
- Specialist Nursing Programme
Discrimination and harassment
Uppsala University's study and work environment must be characterised by openness and respect. At Uppsala University, there is zero tolerance for victimisation, harassment and sexual harassment.
No one must suffer discrimination on the basis of sex, transgender identity or expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age. This is regulated in the Discrimination Act.
Have you been subjected to harassment or victimisation?
If you feel that you have been the victim of harassment or victimisation, the University is obliged to investigate and take measures to end the harassment or victimisation. It is you who decide whether a behaviour or an action is offensive.
Who can I turn to?
- The head of department: The head of department is responsible for investigating harassment or other victimisation at the department. The head of department is responsible for ending the harassment or victimisation.
- The study counsellor: The study counsellor is bound to professional secrecy. If you want to make a report, the study counsellor can provide support in this.
- You can also talk to someone else on the University's staff who you trust, for example, a teacher or director of studies.
The Discrimination Act contains a prohibition of reprisals that protects those who have reported or complained about harassment or discrimination from being punished.
If you need support in contact with the University
- Student and PhD student ombudspersons at Uppsala Student Union
- Contact information for student unions at Uppsala University
If you need to talk to someone about how you feel
More information is available on Uppsala University's website about how the University works to promote a study environment free from discrimination, harassment, and victimisation.
Interested in teaching?
Are you interested in teaching at the courses and programs offered at the Department of Medical Sciences, or those the Department is responsible for? You are very welcome to contact course coordinator Caroline Olofsson.