The research group in Molecular Medicine headed by Professor Ann-Christine Syvänen was started in 1998. After being situated at the Research Department of Uppsala University Hospital for 15 years, we moved in 2014 to the new facilities of SciLifeLab at the Biomedical Centre, BMC.
Our research group studies human diseases using modern methods for genomics and epigenetics. We develop novel methods for genome analysis, establish these methods at the department, and apply them to medical or biological problems within the group and together with clinical collaborators.
Read more about prof. Syvänen's background (also available in Swedish).
- VR-grant (3.6M SEK) 2017-11-01
- KAW-SLE Symposium 2017-02-02 2017-01-24
- The molecular medicine group is looking for a project leader with competence in bioinformatics 2016-12-15
- Launch of new homepage(s) 2016-12-07
- Novel library preparation for whole genome DNA methylation sequencing published in NAR 2016-11-30
In the spotlight
SPLAT - a new method for WGBS
Sequencing and genotyping facility
The SNP&SEQ Technology Platform
The sequencing and genotyping service